Monday 27 February 2012

And so it begins...


Well, so begins the life of a diplomat's wife. Hipster Dufus has managed to get his first posting abroad to Moscow. The bad news is that I don't get to go with him (something about security and strict rules). The good news is that it is only a three month post, so we won't be apart for too long. While it's not quite to full experience of uprooting yourself to start life anew in a different country (well for me at least) it does highlight an issue that I have now. Hipster Dufus is always travelling for business and I often thank heavens for Paco our dog who's such great company. 

Three months will pass quickly but it can also be a long time, especially for newly-weds. The bright side I suppose is the opportunity to visit a part of the world that I might not have ever come across in my travels. And after all this is what this life is about, this is the choice we made, to boldly go where no... No seriously it's all part of the adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment